Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal

Happy September! 

Fall is by far my favorite season and I'm so happy that it's almost here. I think we should all celebrate with a little breakfast. 

It's amazing what a great breakfast can do for your day. Especially a warm, fresh out of the oven breakfast. 


Last year, I was staying at a friend's house and she told me that we had to make  "boatmeal." I had never heard of baking oatmeal but I was such a fan of the regular stuff anyway I figured it had to be great. I was not disappointed. 

Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal

1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp maple syrup 
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
optional: add craisins, pecans, or chocolate chips! I choose craisins.

Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a 1 cup ramekin or other baking dish. baked for about 18 minutes until firm then broil on high for 2-4 minutes until a golden brown crust forms. 


Wait for it to cool down a bit enjoy! 


I always end up flooding oatmeal with almond milk. It's like breakfast soup. 



I sat in the backyard and ate while listening to the birds sing. My dog was eyeing me suspiciously the whole time. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...