Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Fitness Haul + Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshake

For the past few months, I've been running with really no proper workout clothes. That doesn't mean I was running naked..just in any shorts or t-shirts I could find. My running shoes were also about 4 years old. I bought them before I ran my first 5k with my mom for her work. 

Yesterday, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and finally bought some proper attire!


And finally new shoes!


These shoes are lightweight and I love the crazy neon colors. For my everyday outfits, I usually stick to neutral and natural colors but I love bright and funky running clothes. It's a fun change. 

I also couldn't resist and picked up some larabars for fuel. 


For those of you starting your day with a workout, here's a delicious protein filled recovery shake.


Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshake

1 large frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup frozen strawberries
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. 


This shake is thick, delicious, and packed with the nutrients you need to recover. It is low in saturated fat, high in calcium, very high in dietary fiber, and contains no cholesterol. 





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...