Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Raw Almond Butter

I love peanut butter. It's almost disgusting the amount that I can get through in a day. I put it in oatmeal, smoothies, sandwiches, on fruit, and a lot of the time just on a spoon. When I'm away at school, I buy a jar every two weeks. Today, I tried something different and decided to make my own almond butter. 


It is so incredibly easy that I don't know why people even bother with buying it in jars.

Raw Almond Butter
(salt and sugar free)

1-2 cups raw, unsalted almonds

The directions couldn't be simpler. Just put the almonds in your food processor and blend for 10-12 minutes. 


Beware, the first few seconds will be extremely loud and may scare your dog (Sorry Chevy).
After about a minute, the almonds will have turned into a powder.


After 5 minutes it will start to clump. You may need to scrape some off the sides. 


In 8-10 minutes the clumps will ball up as more oils release. 


Then, it will all smooth out and you have fresh and natural almond butter!




Not only are nut butters delicious, they are also full of protein and healthy fatty acids. 
Enjoy on everything!



What's your favorite way to enjoy nut butters?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...