Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats

Happy October, Everyone! 

Fall is definitely my favorite season of the year. Here in Connecticut, I am surrounded by trees and nature. The weather is perfect, the colors are wonderful, and I love sweaters. 

And pumpkin. Lots and lots of pumpkin. 



I'm a huge fan of overnight oats. They are so easy to throw together with little to no preparation the night before. What could be better?

Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats

1/3 cup oats
2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp chia seeds
2/3 cup non-dairy milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
sweetener of choice (brown sugar, maple syrup, stevia)

Mix all ingredients together without the sweetener and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.



In the morning, add in your sweetener to taste and anything else you can think of!



I added graham cracker crumbs and my homemade cranberry chia seed jam to mine. Its like Thanksgiving in a breakfast!




1 comment:

  1. This is SOOOO good!! I didn't use any sweetener, and instead topped it with chopped walnuts (for some healthy fats and crunch) and homemade whipped cream I happened to have in the fridge - just like real pumpkin pie! I'll be making this again - like every day this week :D Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...