Monday, September 17, 2012

Addictive Everyday Granola

While looking through my posts, I found this one that I never published. I'm a huge fan of granola and its so easy to make your own! 
                

I slept in today because it was supposed to rain all morning so I wouldn't be able to go for my morning run. I woke up to a beautiful day and not enough time to run. I wish meteorology was an exact science.

I did, however, have time to make a batch of this granola and it is sooo addicting. I may or may not have eaten most of it already =]


Addicting Everyday Granola

1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp salt (generous)
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup dried fruit

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients. In a saucepan, gently heat up the honey and oil over medium-low heat until smooth and combined. Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and stir. Spread onto a lined baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. 


Enjoy over soy yogurt, with almond milk and fruit, a topping on ice cream, or just with a spoon! (like I do)


What's your favorite way to enjoy granola?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...