Saturday, July 21, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cupcakes

I love baked goods more than any human probably should. There's just something about a freshly baked, moist and gooey treat. I'm obsessed.

And if that item includes chocolate its automatically a winner.

One of my favorite flavors is pumpkin. Its really kind of an obsession of mine XP When fall rolls around I go a bit crazy with the pumpkin lattes, pies, muffins, and cookies.

I know, I know its the middle of July but I just had to make something pumpkiny or I was going to explode. And you will too as soon as you taste these mouth watering cross between a cupcake and muffin...that's right...it's a cupfin. 


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cupcake

2 cups canned pumpkin (I keep plenty of these in my cabinets)
1 cup all purpose flour

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or just more ap flour)
2 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil (feel free to sub with an alternative like coconut oil or applesauce)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, mix together wet ingredients plus sugar until thoroughly combined. 


In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients and add slowly to wet while stirring. 


Stir in chocolate chips and pour the batter into lined muffin tins. 

Bake for 22-23 minutes, cool, and enjoy!



What's Your favorite fall treat?

P.S. Baking is always better with a friend =]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...